Schedule Change for July 19, 2020
Our Deacons met and decided to try a different schedule on Sunday mornings. Starting THIS SUNDAY, JULY 19, Mansfield Baptist Church will have one morning worship service at 9:00 AM gathering in person in the sanctuary. That service will also be streamed live on Facebook Live, again starting at 9:00 AM. As soon as the editing can be done on the recording of the service, the service will then be available on our church website for on-demand viewing.
This will allow most of the adult Sunday School classes to meet at 11:00 AM by way of Zoom or conference call. I encourage you to join one of our Sunday School classes:
The Real Life class (taught by Darrein Costley), Sundays at 11:00 AM.
The Upper Room class (taught by Charlie Henderson), Sundays at 11:00 AM.
The Seekers class (taught by GW Davis) Sundays at 11:00 AM.
The Joy class (taught by Edward Capps) Sundays at 11:00 AM by Conference Call.
The New Beginnings class (taught by Cory Craver) Thursdays at 8:00 PM.
We are excited to start an online Sunday School for children in August. Details will be announced soon.
Another thing the Deacons discussed was working at finding a way to have an outdoor service every few weeks because we realize that some people would feel comfortable at a service that is outdoors who do not feel comfortable with a service that is indoors. We will announce our next outdoor service in the near future.
Also, moving forward, we are going to strongly suggest that those attending our in-person worship service wear masks for the safety of all those present in the service. I will also wear a mask until I step up onstage to speak.
So...this Sunday, worship service is at 9:00 AM in person or streamed live on Facebook Live. Many Sunday School classes will meet at 11:00 AM by Zoom. If you have any questions, please respond to this email, call your Deacon, or call your Sunday School teacher.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work our way through this. God is still working in the lives of those who are willing to seek Him. Let's seek God together and watch what He will do with a faithful body of believers.
All other church times will remain the same for now. So, join us for worship at 9 AM this Sunday in person or by Facebook Live. Wednesday Night Adult Prayer Meeting meets at 6:30 PM via Zoom. Children's Zoom time on Wednesdays is 5:00 PM. And, the teenagers meet in the sanctuary practicing social distancing at 7:00 PM on Wednesdays.
Pastor, Mansfield Baptist Church
Dear Mansfield Baptist Church Family:
Finally…we will have the blessing of worshipping together THIS SUNDAY, JUNE 14! Here are the details:
- We will have an outdoor service in our parking lot so that the entire church who is able and comfortable can gather together as one unified body.
- The service will start at 8:30 AM so that we can beat the June heat.
- Please bring: a chair for every member of your family, an umbrella for shade if you need it, appropriate dress for outside on a June Sunday morning, and a heart ready to meet with the Lord in worship.
- This will be a family worship opportunity so there will be no Kidz Way Worship or nursery. Our children will stay with their families. (The length of the service will be sensitive to the fact that our children are with us in worship.)
- Sunday School Classes will meet via Zoom or Conference Call on Sunday (or Thursday for our New Beginnings Class).
- We will sit as families with at least 6 feet between family units.
- The church building will be open for restroom use only. Everything else is happening outside.
- Parking will be in the field east of the sanctuary.
- The service will be live streamed on Facebook Live and will be posted on our website following the service.
Partnership with County Line Baptist Church:
- We are offering our help to a sister Baptist church as they reopen for worship as well.
- County Line Baptist Church will have its first service back this Sunday at 11:00 AM in their Sanctuary. Our Pastor, Jeff Perkins, will be bringing the message at that service and our worship music leadership will lead the music part of worship.
- After our 8:30 AM service you are invited to join us at County Line Baptist Church to show support to this church family and to our worship leadership.
- County Line Baptist Church is located at 3325 GA 162, Covington, GA 30016.
- Starting June 21, we will have an 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM worship service with social distance seating by families back in our Sanctuary indoors.
- At least through June, we will continue to have Family Worship with no Kidz Way or Nursery. We will assess how long we continue this as we move forward.
- Sunday School classes will continue to meet via Zoom or Conference Call at the time that each Sunday School class determines is best for their class. Check with your Sunday School teacher or call the church office if you need a class or have questions.
- Wednesday night services will continue to meet via Zoom so that those who for health reasons cannot gather to worship will still have the opportunity for connection and interaction with the church body.
- Youth Wednesday Night Bible Study will meet together at 7 PM on Wednesdays starting June 17 in the Sanctuary at the church while practicing social distancing.
- The Children’s Ministry will host a Zoom call each Wednesday night at 5 PM starting on June 24 which is the Wednesday after our Virtual Vacation Bible School.
In an abundance of caution, we are phasing in our gatherings and ministry opportunities. If you are not comfortable coming back yet, it is fine for you to stay at home and worship online.
Lastly, and most importantly, be praying for the following:
- Mansfield Baptist Church as we gather as the body of Christ again.
- Our Virtual Vacation Bible School which is June 15-19.
- County Line Baptist Church as we walk alongside them to help expand the Kingdom of Christ.